The recognized leaders in
personal injury law
Get Your Free Consultation
Uber/Lyft Accident Lawyer Oxnard
Like any other accident, Uber and Lyft accidents can be devastating and traumatizing for victims.
Suffering significant damages, financial losses, and bodily harm, the impact of ride-sharing accidents can be too overwhelming for victims to handle by themselves. As the victim of an Uber/Lyft accident, you have the right to seek compensation for damages by filing a claim against anyone responsible for your accident.
What makes Uber/Lyft accidents complicated is that victims are left wondering who pays for damages because there are multiple parties involved. We can help you investigate and determine who is liable for damages.
If you or a loved one has been involved in an Uber/Lyft accident in Oxnard, contact an Oxnard Uber/Lyft accident lawyer at Bojat Law Group, APC, to assist you. We will advocate aggressively to ensure you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Types of Uber/Lyft Accidents
Some common types of ride-sharing accidents include:
- You are a ride-sharing passenger injured in an accident where the ride-share driver is at fault.
- You are a ride-sharing passenger injured in an accident where another driver or a third party is at fault.
- You were struck by a ride-sharing driver while in your vehicle or as a pedestrian.
Liability in a Ridesharing accident
Determining liability in a ride-sharing accident may depend on several factors. They are:
If the Uber/Lyft driver is responsible for the accident
In a situation where you are a ride-sharing passenger, and your Uber/Lyft driver is responsible for the accident, you can file a lawsuit against the driver. But, as a ridesharing passenger involved in an Uber/Lyft accident, the ride-sharing company insurance policy covers any damages you may have incurred from the accident.
If a third party is responsible for the accident
If another driver, or a third party in the case of product liability, is responsible for the accident, the victim can file a lawsuit against the at-fault party to seek compensation for damages.
If the accident was a hit and run, as a ride-sharing passenger, the ride-sharing company will cover the cost of your injuries up to $50,000.
What the Uber/Lyft driver was doing at the time of the accident
If a motorist, cyclist, or pedestrian was struck by an Uber/Lyft driver. Liability may depend on what the driver was doing at the time of the accident. Three different situations can affect who is liable for damages if the Uber driver is at fault. They are:
- The Uber/Lyft driver was driving in their free time
- The Uber/Lyft driver was logged onto the app and was waiting for a ride-sharing passenger
- The Uber/Lyft driver was logged onto the app, had accepted a ride request, and was on his way to pick up the passenger.
If the Uber/Lyft driver was driving in their free time or had the ride-sharing app turned off when the accident occurred, then the accident will be treated like any other car accident. The Uber/Lyft driver will be liable for damages, and his personal insurance will cover damages the victim incurs from the accident. If the driver is underinsured, additional insurance protects him through Uber/Lyft.
If the Uber/Lyft driver was logged onto the app and was waiting for a ride-sharing passenger, the ride-sharing company may be liable for damages.
If the Uber/Lyft driver was logged onto the app, had accepted a ride request, and was on his way to pick up the passenger, the ride-sharing company may be liable for damages, and a primary commercial coverage of up to $1 million may apply.
Uber/Lyft accident cases are usually complex, and finding the party liable for damages may seem difficult, but a skilled and knowledgeable ride-sharing accident attorney can investigate and determine the party liable for damages. If the accident was the fault of multiple parties, you can pursue compensation from all the parties involved.
The ride-sharing company will fight to prevent paying for your damages, that is why you need a competent Oxnard Uber/Lyft accident attorney to advocate and negotiate aggressively on your behalf to ensure you obtain the compensation you deserve. At Bojat Law Group, APC, we have the skills and resources to navigate your Uber/Lyft accident case and ensure you get maximum compensation for damages.
What To Do After a Ridesharing accident
After a ride-sharing accident in Oxnard, California, you must take steps to protect and ensure your claim. This is the best way to ensure you get compensated for all damages resulting from the accident. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Collect evidence– gather relevant evidence of the accident, including pictures and videos of the accident scene, the damages suffered, and your injuries. Take notes on the accident, the time it happened, and any other relevant information about the accident. Collect the names and phone numbers of witnesses present at the accident scene. Exchange contact information with the at-fault driver, in addition to insurance information.
- Call the police— call the police to the scene of the accident immediately to ensure you have a police report on the accident.
- Seek emergency care— also, contact emergency care immediately, and ensure they examine you at the accident scene. Then, go to the ER to double-check. Keep any information that may serve as evidence, such as medical bills and reports.
- Contact an Uber/Lyft accident lawyer— contact a skilled attorney with experience in Uber/Lyft accidents to guide you through filing a claim against the at-fault party.
- Don't speak to anyone or post about your accident on social media— do not speak to anyone from an insurance company regarding your accident, or comment about your accident on social media. Insurance companies are looking for statements to use against you.
- Don't accept a settlement without the counsel of your lawyer— do not accept a settlement from any insurance company without your lawyer. They are looking for ways to ensure you settle for as little as possible.
Contact an experienced Oxnard Uber/Lyft accident attorney at Bojat Law Group, APC
We are compassionate and are looking out for your best interests. Contact us for a free case review now.
Your Local Lawyer
Uber / Lyft Accident Attorney in Los Angeles
With an exponential increase in ride sharing transportation like Uber and Lyft, there has been an ever-growing problem with car accidents arising from these services. ... Read more
Uber/Lyft Accident Lawyer Calabasas
Have you been involved in an Uber and Lyft accident? Find out how a Calabasas Uber/Lyft accident lawyer can assist you in filing a lawsuit. ... Read more
Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer in Camarillo
We provide the best legal assistance to victims of Uber/Lyft accidents. Check out this article about everything relating to Uber and Lyft accidents. ... Read more
Simi Valley Uber/Lyft Accident Lawyer
Uber and Lyft, both competing as the most popular company for network transportation, are each multi-billion-dollar enterprises that have operated in dozens of countries and hundreds of cities around the world. ... Read more
Thousand Oaks Uber/Lyft Accident Lawyer
As with any form of travel, there is a significant risk of accidents involved with using ride-sharing services such as Uber or Lyft. ... Read more
Uber/Lyft Accident Attorney Westlake Village
If you or someone you love has been involved in an Uber/Lyft car accident in Westlake Village, contact an experienced Uber/Lyft accident attorney in Westlake Village today. Check out this article on Uber/Lyft accidents in Westlake village. ... Read more
Uber/Lyft Accident Lawyer in Woodland Hills
Since the invention of Uber/Lyft, ridesharing has become a popular and inexpensive mode of transportation. ... Read more