The recognized leaders in personal injury law
Truck Accident Lawyer Camarillo
Are you seeking ways to get your full compensation as a truck accident victim in Camarillo? Why not hire a truck accident lawyer in Camarillo to assist you legally?
Truck accidents in the state of California are common, and most times, it is passenger vehicles, motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians that suffer the consequences of these accidents. They are usually catastrophic and severe. For example, Oxnard has more truck accidents on average compared to Camarillo, which makes some sense since Oxnard is a bigger city than Camarillo. So, if you have been involved in a truck accident in Oxnard, seek legal help from a truck accident lawyer Oxnard to get started on your case as soon as possible, since being involved in a truck accident can be a life-damaging and traumatizing experience. Here at Bojat Law Group, we are committed to helping you seek retribution and compensation for your damages and losses. We are here to help you get the maximum settlement you deserve and hold the truck drivers and trucking companies accountable.
While no amount of money would replace a loved one, a truck accident lawyer could help you seek retribution for the loss of companionship, emotional harm, and loss of support your loved one may have provided.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Camarillo
Common causes of truck accidents in Camarillo includes the following:
- Bad weather conditions; bad weather conditions such as rain and snow can create dangerous driving conditions and cause collisions.
- Negligence; such as distracted driving, drunk driving, and speeding.
- Stress and fatigue-driving under stress and fatigue Research show that 7 percent of truck drivers were driving under stress and tiredness. While 10% of truck drivers were under stress and pressure to meet deadlines.
- Faulty trucks or cars: faulty vehicles can cause road accidents, when this happens, the manufacturers are to blame.
According to research, 27% of trucks involved in accidents were said to have brake problems 3% of them experienced tire problems.
Statistics of Truck Accidents in California
Over the years, the number of truck and trailer accidents in California has been on the rise. California is known to have the largest number of truck accidents in the country. Trucks travel across the state to get consumer goods to their various destinations. In recent years, truck accidents have contributed to 200 to nearly 400 deaths, not counting thousands severely injured from truck accidents.
California has an average of more than 250 truck accidents each year.
Types of Truck Accidents
There are two types of truck accidents, they are:
- Underride truck accidents
An underride truck accident is a type of truck accident whereby a passenger vehicle collides with the rear end of a truck. This would lead to the smaller car wedging beneath the rear of the truck. In an underride accident, the party responsible for the accident may be the passenger vehicle. when this is the case, the passenger vehicle would be held responsible for damages. Although this is not always the case. Sometimes, the truck driver may also be responsible for breaking a roadway rule or acting in negligence that would cause a collision.
- Override truck accidents
An override truck accident is similar to a rear-end collision. An override truck accident can be described as an accident whereby a commercial truck drives over a passenger vehicle, or a truck collides with the back of a passenger vehicle. The force of the collision would propel the passenger vehicle into another vehicle and the truck would cause an override collision. In this type of truck accident, the smaller vehicle would go beneath the larger truck, and the weight of the truck would crush the smaller vehicle. This could lead to fatal injuries and even death.
In override truck accidents, the truck driver or truck company would be held responsible for damages or losses incurred.
Both override and underride truck accidents would need investigations to determine the party at fault.
What To Know About Truck Accident Claims or Compensations
Truck accidents are devastating and can lead to serious injuries and life loss for the smaller vehicle occupants. Even though truck accident claims may involve significant damage, it is difficult to know the amount you may receive for compensation. At Bojat Law Group, our experienced truck accident attorney would help you account for all the damages in your claim and help you pursue full retribution and maximum settlement for your loss and damages.
Types of Compensation in Truck Accident Claims
You need to understand the extent of damages you may be entitled to as a truck accident victim. There are two types of compensation in truck accident claims.
Economic Damages – As the name implies, economic damages are the financial losses you experience as the victim of a truck accident. They include:
- Lost wages; You are entitled to full compensation for the income you lose when not being able to work while recovering from injuries.
- Loss of earning capacity; If you suffer from permanent injuries that would prevent you from working as a truck accident victim, you can pursue compensation for the wages you are expected to earn throughout your life.
- Medical expense; This includes the total cost of medical care for your injuries and the anticipated future medical expenses.
- Other costs; involves cost you pay out of your pocket, and depending on the nature of your injuries, you may be compensated for hiring health care workers, travel expenses for medical appointments, hiring professional housekeepers, and assistive devices such as canes, wheelchairs, etc.
Non-Economic Damages – Non-economic damages claims are losses you incurred as a truck accident victim that does not have a direct financial component. The compensation in this claim tends to be higher because of the impact of serious injuries on the victim’s life. You are entitled to;
- Compensation for pain and suffering; You may get compensated for the physical pain you endure as a result of your injuries, both present and in the future.
- Scarring and disfigurement; Truck accidents can leave victims with scars, burns, amputations, and so on. You may be entitled to compensation for the mental and emotional effects these injuries would have on you.
- Emotional distress; As a victim of a truck accident, you could suffer from depression, anxiety, PTSD, and so on, which you may be entitled to compensation for.
- Disability; Any permanent disability you have as a truck accident victim, you may be entitled to compensation for.
- Loss of quality life and enjoyment; Truck accident victims may not be able to enjoy hobbies, the ability to travel, and other things that made life fulfilling for them, and for this, they may be entitled to compensation.
To make sure you get full compensation for the losses and damages incurred in a truck accident, you need to hire a truck accident lawyer in Camarillo, from Bojat Law Group.