The recognized leaders in personal injury law
Truck Accident Attorney Westlake Village
Have you or someone you love been involved in a truck accident and want to obtain compensation and seek retribution for damages suffered? At Bojat Law Group, our experienced truck accident attorney in Westlake Village can assist you with all the legal help you need to obtain the maximum compensation to set you on your path to recovery Find out more about truck accidents in Westlake Village.
The best way to protect your rights as a truck accident victim is to get help from an experienced truck accident attorney. Truck accidents are common in California. It usually leads to severe and catastrophic injuries and most times, the effects of those injuries may be traumatizing for victims. We at Bojat Law Group are devoted to ensuring that truck accident victims get treated fairly and obtain maximum compensation for damages.
Learn more about the causes of truck collisions, finding the party responsible for your truck accident, the basis of truck accident negligence, Westlake accident claims, and more.
Causes of Truck Collisions
Here are the common causes of truck collisions
- Negligence – negligence involves engaging in behavior or acts that may cause potential harm and injury to others including drunk driving, speeding, and others. Speeding trucks are dangerous. They are so much larger than passenger vehicles and react slowly to rapid changes in speed and direction. Because of the momentum it builds, truck drivers may find it difficult to control. Distracted driving is dangerous and illegal in Westlake Village.
- Reckless and aggressive driving – truck drivers are more prone to road rage because they travel long distances, and they have deadlines for deliveries.
- Stress and fatigue – certain regulations and rules keep truck drivers from driving when stressed or fatigued. Truck drivers are only allowed to drive for a maximum of 11 hours, then take a 10-hour break before resuming work. This means that truck drivers are only allowed to drive for not more than 60 hours a week, or 70 hours in eight days.
- Severe weather conditions – severe weather conditions can make driving difficult, and dangerous. It can also reduce truck drivers’ visibility and control of the vehicle.
- Overloading cargo-carrying too much weight can make a truck’s tire blow out. If the load is external, slipping load or flying debris can pose a danger to other road users. Overloaded trucks may overturn during a lane change, or after a turn.
- Vehicle failure – a majority of truck accidents happen due to a vehicle failure, which is a result of negligence on the part of the manufacturer or trucking company.
Injuries Associated With Truck Accidents
Common injuries associated with truck accidents include;
- Broken bones
- Severe burns
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Severe cuts
- Sprained muscles
- Blood loss
Who Is Responsible for Your Truck Accident?
It is important to know that because of the size of trucks, they have limited visibility, certain blind spots and the load they carry can be potentially dangerous. Regardless, they owe other road users a duty of care. Finding who is responsible for your truck accident claim may be dependent on the kind of truck driver involved. They are;
- Company drivers – these are employees of a trucking company. They are employed to transport loads.
- Owner-operators – these kinds of truck drivers are independent contractors. They either own their trucks or lease from a trucking company.
- Fully independent owner-operators- these are truck drivers who own their trucks, and carry their loads. An example is a private moving company.
When involved in an accident with a company driver, the trucking company may be liable for damages. If the driver is fully independent, then he is liable for whatever damages incurred as a result of the accident.
At Bojat Law Group, our experienced truck accident attorney in Westlake Village will help you investigate, find the party/parties responsible and maximize the worth of your case.
The Basics of Negligence for Truck Accidents
Many automobile accidents occur as a result of negligence. Truck drivers have a high duty of care to other road users due to the nature of the jobs, size, and weight of trucks. They have a duty to abstain from behaviors and acts that may cause potential harm or injury to other road users.
To prove negligence, there are elements the victim must prove.
- The at-fault party owed the victim a duty of care.
- The at-fault party breached that duty.
- The breach of duty caused the victim’s injuries.
- The victim suffered damages as a result.
Whatever the reason or cause of your accident may be, whether the driver was solely responsible, there was a defect in the truck, or the employer shares liability, we can help you hold the parties at fault accountable.
Westlake Village Truck Accident Claims
As a victim of a truck accident in Westlake Village, you have the right to file a claim. That is compensation for damages you incurred as a result of the accident. These compensations aren’t limited to lost wages, the cost of medical treatments, and other financial losses incurred. They may also include non-economic compensation for damages.
Non-economic damages are the intangible losses incurred as a result of the truck accident. They include Loss of quality of life and enjoyment, compensation for pain and suffering, compensation for emotional distress, scarring and disfigurement, and permanent physical disability (when applicable).
If a loved one is lost as a result of the accident, then, surviving members can file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Get Help From an Experienced Truck Accident Attorney Today
Truck accidents are life-altering events, and may sometimes have life-changing consequences. It is always necessary to employ the services of an experienced truck accident attorney before filing a claim.
You need a truck accident attorney in Westlake Village to assist you in filing a lawsuit, investigating and gathering all the evidence to prove your claim, and finding the at-fault party/parties involved. We will help you obtain fair compensation for your damages and give you the help you need.