The recognized leaders in
personal injury law
Get Your Free Consultation
Pedestrian Accident in Camarillo
Have you or your loved one been involved in a pedestrian accident and you need legal assistance to seek retribution and compensation for damages? Bojat Law Group, provides the best legal assistance for pedestrian accidents in Camarillo. Find out more about pedestrian accidents, how we can assist you legally, and what to do when involved in a pedestrian accident.
Pedestrian accidents in Camarillo are common, and most times, it is caused by the negligence of motor vehicle drivers.
Getting into any type of motor vehicle accident can be a traumatic experience, no matter the severity of the injuries you suffer. What comes after pedestrian accidents are equally terrifying, medical bills, long recovery time, no income, and more.
If you or your loved one has been involved in a pedestrian accident, struck by a car, motorcycle, semi-truck or Uber/Lyft, and other vehicles at crosswalks or intersections, here at Bojat Law Group, our pedestrian accident attorneys can help you hold the at-fault party accountable, and get the maximum compensation you need to recover fully.
Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
- Poor weather conditions- such as snow and rain.
- Negligence behaviors - such as driving under the influence, speeding, and distracted driving.
- Stress and fatigue-driving under stress and fatigue can cause pedestrian and motor vehicle collisions.
- Motor vehicles are too close to the sidewalk.
Tips For Pedestrians To Reduce Pedestrian Accidents in Camarillo
- Wear bright clothing, especially at night.
- Cross only at intersections.
- Follow signals at intersections.
- Walk only on designated crossing areas and sidewalks.
- Look both ways before crossing a street.
Statistics of Pedestrian Accidents in California
California has the highest number of fatal car accidents in the US, and pedestrians account for 27% of people killed in car accidents.
Injuries Suffered By Victims of Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accident injuries can range from mild to fatal. The injuries suffered in a pedestrian accident may depend on the location and the cause of the accident. Common injuries suffered by pedestrian accident victims include;
- Head and neck injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Broken bones.
- Facial trauma.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Traumatic brain injuries.
- Sprained muscles or tendons.
- Blood loss.
- Internal injuries.
- Severe cuts and lacerations.
What You Should Do, And Shouldn't Do After Being Involved in a Pedestrian Accident
Here are the steps to take when involved in a pedestrian accident. First, assess yourself for injuries. If severely injured, seek medical attention immediately or ask someone to call 911.
- If you aren’t severely injured, document the accident by taking photographs and videos of the scene, including the driver’s plate number, and witnesses’ contact information, to serve as evidence.
- Call the police to the scene immediately, to report the accident, this will ensure you have a police report when filing your claim.
- Always seek medical attention, you may not notice any sign of trauma, but even low-impact falls can cause severe head trauma.
- Hire a pedestrian accident lawyer, to file a lawsuit.
If you don’t seek immediate medical attention, the at-fault’s party insurance company may state that you didn’t obtain any serious injuries.
When involved in a pedestrian accident, here are the things you shouldn’t do;
- Don’t apologize for the accident, even when you are blamed by the party at fault. It can be misinterpreted as an admission of fault.
- Do not post about, or comment on your accident on any social media platform, it can be used against you by the insurance company of the at-fault party.
- Do not speak to anyone, or sign any document from the insurance company of the party at fault, without pursuing legal advice. In addition, do not allow the insurance adjuster of the at-fault party to record any statements or comments about your well-being.
Get Your Local Lawyer
Los Angeles Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Although pedestrians in California have a right-of-way to cross a roadway within any marked crosswalk or within any unmarked crosswalk at an intersection, this rule is not always respected by drivers, which in turn results in severe and at times fatal injuries to the pedestrians. ... Read more
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Calabasas
California has one of the highest rates of pedestrian accidents in the country. According to statistics from the state Department of Public Safety (CDPH), nearly 250,000 people are involved in pedestrian accidents yearly. Have you been severely injured in an accident as a pedestrian? A pedestrian accident lawyer in Calabasas can explain the legal actions you can take. ... Read more
Simi Valley Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Cities in Southern California, such as Simi Valley, make for exceptional places in which pedestrians walk to escape traffic with year-round sunny weather and a mild climate. ... Read more
Thousand Oaks Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Walking will forever be one of the best, most environmentally-friendly forms of exercise. It is a splendid way to enjoy the sights and weather of the Thousand Oaks region. ... Read more
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Westlake Village
Are you searching for ways to obtain maximum compensation as a pedestrian accident victim in Westlake village? Hire a pedestrian accident lawyer in Westlake Village to provide you with all the legal assistance needed to ensure your claim. Check out this article on pedestrian accidents. ... Read more
What Should I Do After a Pedestrian Accident in Woodland Hills
No pedestrian plans to get hit by a car, but pedestrian accidents often happen in Woodland Hills. ... Read more