The recognized leaders in personal injury law
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Camarillo
Have you or your loved one been involved in a pedestrian accident and you need legal assistance to seek retribution and compensation for damages? Bojat Law Group, provides the best legal assistance for pedestrian accidents in Camarillo. Find out more about pedestrian accidents, how we can assist you legally, and what to do when involved in a pedestrian accident.
Pedestrian accidents in Camarillo are common, and most times, it is caused by the negligence of motor vehicle drivers.
Getting into any type of motor vehicle accident can be a traumatic experience, no matter the severity of the injuries you suffer. What comes after pedestrian accidents are equally terrifying, medical bills, long recovery time, no income, and more.
If you or your loved one has been involved in a pedestrian accident, struck by a car, motorcycle, semi-truck or Uber/Lyft, and other vehicles at crosswalks or intersections, here at Bojat Law Group, our pedestrian accident attorneys can help you hold the at-fault party accountable, and get the maximum compensation you need to recover fully.
Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
- Poor weather conditions- such as snow and rain.
- Negligence behaviors – such as driving under the influence, speeding, and distracted driving.
- Stress and fatigue-driving under stress and fatigue can cause pedestrian and motor vehicle collisions.
- Motor vehicles are too close to the sidewalk.
Tips For Pedestrians To Reduce Pedestrian Accidents in Camarillo
- Wear bright clothing, especially at night.
- Cross only at intersections.
- Follow signals at intersections.
- Walk only on designated crossing areas and sidewalks.
- Look both ways before crossing a street.
Statistics of Pedestrian Accidents in California
California has the highest number of fatal car accidents in the US, and pedestrians account for 27% of people killed in car accidents.
Injuries Suffered By Victims of Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accident injuries can range from mild to fatal. The injuries suffered in a pedestrian accident may depend on the location and the cause of the accident. Common injuries suffered by pedestrian accident victims include;
- Head and neck injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Broken bones.
- Facial trauma.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Traumatic brain injuries.
- Sprained muscles or tendons.
- Blood loss.
- Internal injuries.
- Severe cuts and lacerations.
What You Should Do, And Shouldn’t Do After Being Involved in a Pedestrian Accident
Here are the steps to take when involved in a pedestrian accident. First, assess yourself for injuries. If severely injured, seek medical attention immediately or ask someone to call 911.
- If you aren’t severely injured, document the accident by taking photographs and videos of the scene, including the driver’s plate number, and witnesses’ contact information, to serve as evidence.
- Call the police to the scene immediately, to report the accident, this will ensure you have a police report when filing your claim.
- Always seek medical attention, you may not notice any sign of trauma, but even low-impact falls can cause severe head trauma.
- Hire a pedestrian accident lawyer, to file a lawsuit.
If you don’t seek immediate medical attention, the at-fault’s party insurance company may state that you didn’t obtain any serious injuries.
When involved in a pedestrian accident, here are the things you shouldn’t do;
- Don’t apologize for the accident, even when you are blamed by the party at fault. It can be misinterpreted as an admission of fault.
- Do not post about, or comment on your accident on any social media platform, it can be used against you by the insurance company of the at-fault party.
- Do not speak to anyone, or sign any document from the insurance company of the party at fault, without pursuing legal advice. In addition, do not allow the insurance adjuster of the at-fault party to record any statements or comments about your well-being.
Damages available in a pedestrian accident in Camarillo
Damages available in a pedestrian accident are dependent on if the victim was injured, the severity of the injuries, and whether the victim died as a result of the accident, or injuries suffered from the accident. These compensations for damages are intended to ensure the victim or their loved one is in the same position they would have been if the accident had not occurred.
As a pedestrian accident victim or a survivor of a deceased pedestrian accident victim, there are tangible and intangible losses suffered as a result of the accident, which you will demand compensation for.
1. The worth of your damage claims is dependent also, on the severity of injuries suffered. Damages in a pedestrian accident in Camarillo include;
- Economic damages- Economic damages are the tangible and financial losses suffered as a result of a pedestrian accident. They include;
- loss of wages- As a pedestrian accident victim, you are entitled to compensation for income lost during recovery.
- Medical expenses- you are entitled to compensation for the total amount of money spent on present medical treatments and anticipated future treatments.
- Loss of earning capacity- if permanent injuries that would prevent you from working are suffered as a result of the pedestrian accident, you have the right to pursue full compensation for the income expected to earn throughout your life.
- Other costs- other costs paid for as a result of injuries suffered from the accident, you are entitled to compensation for them.
2. Non-Economic damages- these are compensations for intangible losses incurred as a result of the accident. They include;
- Lost limbs, disability, scarring, and disfigurement- you have the right to pursue compensation for the emotional and mental effects your injuries may have on you.
- Pain and suffering- you are entitled to compensation for the pain and suffering you endure as a result of the accident. Both present and in the future.
- Emotional distress; any emotional distress, such as depression, anxiety, and so on, which you suffer as a result of the accident, you are entitled to compensation for it.
Why you should hire a pedestrian accident lawyer
Without a pedestrian accident lawyer, you may not get the full compensation you deserve. The insurance company of the at-fault party would want you to settle for as little claim as possible and without an attorney to fight for your right to a full compensation legally, you would only get as little compensation as possible.
In conclusion, at Bojat Law Group, our experienced pedestrian accident attorneys will litigate on your behalf, to ensure to obtain the maximum compensation you need to recover.