The recognized leaders in personal injury law
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Calabasas
California has one of the highest rates of pedestrian accidents in the country. According to statistics from the state Department of Public Safety (CDPH), nearly 250,000 people are involved in pedestrian accidents yearly. Have you been severely injured in an accident as a pedestrian? A pedestrian accident lawyer in Calabasas can explain the legal actions you can take.
Pedestrian accidents in Calabasas are a common occurrence. These accidents occur mainly due to negligence, drivers of other motor vehicles are often to blame.
When these accidents occur, it is pedestrians who suffer severe injuries. These injuries can be severe, and life-threatening, and may consequently, lead to death.
The impact of the injuries suffered in a pedestrian accident may be overwhelming, but we can help you secure a financial recovery for damages.
In truth, it is perfectly normal to have questions about your legal rights following a pedestrian accident. If you or your loved one has been involved in a pedestrian accident in Calabasas and sustained severe injuries, our pedestrian accident lawyer can help you understand your legal rights, and take the burden off you, while you focus on your recovery.
At Bojat Law Group, we have the skills and knowledge to help secure maximum compensation for our clients. We will provide the best legal guidance and representation.
Find out more about pedestrian accidents in Calabasas, how our skilled pedestrian accident attorney can assist you legally, what to do when involved in a pedestrian accident and why you need a pedestrian accident lawyer.
Causes of pedestrian accidents in Calabasas
Here are some of the leading causes of pedestrian accidents in Calabasas.
- Negligence— Negligence acts are the leading cause of pedestrian accidents in Calabasas. These negligent acts can be exhibited by motorists and pedestrians. Such acts include– driving while impaired, disregarding traffic signals and crosswalks, speeding, driving under stress, failing to yield right of way to pedestrians, driving while distracted, darting or running into the road, and crossing intersections improperly, and others.
- Poor visibility— poor visibility especially at night. This may result from pedestrians wearing dark clothing at night.
Regardless of the cause of your accident, our experienced pedestrian accident lawyers will help you hold the at-fault party accountable for the losses you suffer as a result of the accident.
Common injuries suffered in a pedestrian accident
Some common injuries suffered by pedestrian accident victims include:
- Face injuries
- Skull fractures
- Traumatic brain injury.
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
- Paralysis and others
These injuries can range from mild to catastrophic and leave victims unable to work for months, sometimes years. If you’ve suffered any of these injuries and more, a pedestrian accident lawyer would ensure you obtain maximum financial compensation for damages.
What to do when involved in a pedestrian accident in Calabasas
When involved in a pedestrian accident in Calabasas. Here’s what you should do.
- Access yourself for injuries— your safety and well-being are paramount. First access yourself for injuries. If your injuries aren’t serious, do not leave the accident scene.
- Call the police immediately. If you can’t, ask someone to call them.
- If possible, take photos and videos of the accident scene, make notes, and collect the driver’s contact information, insurance, and any other relevant information. Also, collect contact information from witnesses at the accident scene.
- Always ensure you seek medical attention following an accident to have medical records of the injuries you suffer.
- Don’t admit to fault or apologize for the accident.
- Contact an experienced pedestrian accident, and begin the process of filing your claim.
Following the accident, a representative from the at-fault driver’s insurance company would contact you. Do not agree to a quick settlement or sign any document. They do not want you to receive maximum compensation for your losses.
The best way to safeguard your interest is by hiring a pedestrian accident attorney. At Bojat Law Group, our pedestrian accident attorneys will investigate your case, and guide you to the available option.
Pedestrian accident lawsuits
Personal injury lawsuits are usually based on the negligence of the at-fault party and this negligence resulted in the victim’s injuries.
Your pedestrian accident attorney must prove that the defendant owed you a duty of care, there was a breach of duty and you sustained injuries as a result.
The at-fault party may raise defenses, they may argue that the accident was caused by a shared fault. Establishing negligence on the claimant’s path will reduce compensation by the percentage of fault.
Damages that can be recovered in a pedestrian accident lawsuit
Our pedestrian accident lawyers at Bojat Law Group are dedicated to ensuring that pedestrian accident victims recover the full value of damages resulting from the accident.
Damages that can be recovered in a pedestrian accident lawsuit include compensation for;
- Diminished income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses
- Wrongful death
- Punitive damages
Depending on the severity of your injuries, the damage recovered may be higher.
If the victim dies from injuries sustained in a pedestrian accident, surviving family members and loved ones can file a wrongful death lawsuit to receive compensation for losses.
Our pedestrian accident attorney will negotiate aggressively to ensure you maximum compensation.
Pedestrian accident cases we represent
At Bojat Law Group our pedestrian accident lawyers represent the following cases.
- Pedestrian accidents involving Uber/Lyft drivers
- Crosswalk pedestrian accidents
- Parking lot pedestrian accidents
- Pedestrian accidents caused by cyclists and skateboarders.
- Hit and run Pedestrian accidents
- Pedestrian accidents caused by motor vehicles
In conclusion, as you seek compensation for damages, know that insurance companies also have legal counsel. If you don’t have an experienced and knowledgeable pedestrian accident attorney on your side, you will not recover fair compensation for damages.
Bojat Law Group works with contingency fees. Contact our Calabasas pedestrian accident attorney online for a free case review.