The recognized leaders in
personal injury law
Get Your Free Consultation
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Westlake Village
If you have sustained injuries in a motorcycle accident, you can benefit from talking with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Westlake Village.
Motorcycle accidents are common in many parts of the United States, including Westlake Village, California. And being in a catastrophic accident takes a heavy toll on the victims more than anyone else.
Unfortunately, most people involved in motorcycle accidents are overwhelmed with nursing their injuries, worrying about their jobs, or thinking of the financial implications of fixing their motorcycle. It may seem stressful or complicated to involve an attorney, but that is what you need in a situation like this.
With the help of a seasoned motorcycle accident lawyer, you have the best chance of receiving sizable financial compensation and timely, adequate medical care. The Westlake Village motorcycle accident lawyers at Bojat Law Group provide the best legal help you need to get what you deserve.
Motorcycle Laws in Westlake Village, California
California has standard traffic laws for every type of vehicle, including passenger vehicles and motorcycles. Yet, there are specific roadway laws for motorcycles.
You must be familiar with and obey these laws. If you're ever involved in a motorcycle accident, it will be easier to get compensation from the court or insurance companies when you're hardly at fault. With that, let's get right into motorcycle laws.
Lane splitting refers to riding a motorcycle between two vehicles in the same lane. It is legally acceptable only in California.
However, many people are not aware that lane splitting is legal. It can be problematic because a motorist might cause an accident by colliding with or pushing a lane splitter into incoming traffic.
While the California Highway Patrol (CHP) advises amateur drivers against lane splitting, this law provides a defense for motorcyclists in Westlake Village.
- All motorcyclists must register their vehicles with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in California.
- To ride a motorcycle in California, you must obtain a Class M1 license. Riders under 21 years must pass the knowledge and abilities examinations required and the California Basic Rider Course.
- Dampers, mirrors, and passenger footrests are required for motorcycles while they are hauling passengers.
- Drivers and passengers must wear helmets that meet the Department of Transportation (DOT) standards.
- All motorcycles produced in 1978 or later must have functional headlights. Motorcyclists must use their headlights whenever necessary, even during the day.
- Motorcycle handlebars must be less than six inches from the driver's shoulder.
- Liability insurance is a requirement for all motorcycle riders.
Motorcycle Accidents in Westlake Village
There are several motorcycle riders on the road every day. Since several motorists also traverse Westlake Village, riders may have to deal with unsafe driving conditions sometimes. Familiarizing yourself with typical motorcycle accidents can help you spot potential hazards whenever you're on the road.
- Since it's easier for motorcycle riders to maneuver or split lanes, the risk of colliding head-on into a stationary object or moving vehicle is higher with motorcycles than any other automobile. This type of accident happens quite frequently and is usually fatal.
- Due to size and relative instability, motorcycle riders should be wary of bad roads or harsh weather.
- When a car in front of a motorcycle makes a turn on the same side, the motorcycle rider is frequently the victim of a left-hand turn collision.
Common Injuries Sustained in Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accident injuries tend to be more severe than in other vehicles. The effects of a collision are brutal because motorcycles don't have airbags or protective coverings. Some common motorcycle accident injuries include:
Spinal cord injuries
Spinal injuries may result in partial or complete paralysis. A rider's spine may absorb the impact with another object or vehicle. The vertebrae may be crushed or dislocated because of this collision, potentially injuring the nerves.
Road rash is one of the most common injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents. An accident like this will tear away layers of the skin when a rider's body makes contact with the ground during a collision.
The mildest kind of road rash (known as first-degree road rash) is rash-like and only affecting the surface layer of the skin.
On the other hand, a third-degree road rash is significantly more severe and exposes fat, muscle, or bone beneath the skin's layers.
- Dislocation and broken bones; appendages, skulls, collarbones, and ribs are among the bones that may shatter.
- Concussion/Brain Damage caused by trauma - Mild concussions to severe disabilities can result from head injuries. Head injuries can be fatal, and even when they aren't, it will take a while before you can resume mundane activities.
What Benefits Are You Entitled To?
If you or a family member is involved in a motorcycle accident, you are entitled to certain benefits by law. However, you will not receive compensation if you don't file a case on time. Below are some benefits you are entitled to by law:
- Automobile repairs
- Motorcycle rental (if you require one)
- The insurance company should cover the costs of proper medical care.
- Compensation for lost earnings
Complexity can arise from motorcycle accidents, and victims usually require effective representation. Insurance providers will probably violate your rights and ensure you don't receive appropriate compensation. That's why our team of skilled professionals, committed attorneys, and crash investigators will use the necessary resources to win your case.
California law requires motorcycle riders to wear a helmet. It significantly lowers the risk of traumatic brain damage. Yet, even seasoned and careful motorcyclists with protective gear can still be victims of motorcycle accidents.
After a catastrophic accident, the victim(s) may need to undergo surgery and physical or occupational therapy. Bearing the cost of auto repairs, medical treatment, and everything it takes to get back on your feet doesn't have to be your sole responsibility.
You deserve compensation from the motorist at fault or an insurance company. We are available 24/7 to give you the assistance you need. Contact Bojat Law Group for legal advice with your case.
Get Your Local Lawyer
Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents are very unique because they most often result in injuries that are much more severe than those caused by car accidents or truck accidents. ... Read more
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Calabasas
Motorcycle accidents can have long-term impacts on victims because they often lead to catastrophic injuries. Motorcycles are much smaller than other vehicles and are more vulnerable to risks due to the little protection it gives. Even when wearing protective gear, motorcyclists may still suffer significant injuries. ... Read more
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Camarillo
Check out this article about motorcycle accidents, what your claim is worth as a victim of a motorcycle accident, and how we can assist you legally. ... Read more
Motorcycle Accident Attorney Moorpark
Motorcycle accident victims have the right to file a legal claim against the party responsible for their injuries. However, many don’t know how to proceed with their claim. ... Read more
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Oxnard
Motorcycle accidents can sometimes be worse than car accidents due to the exposing nature of motorcycles. These accidents can lead to severe and catastrophic injuries that may take years to recover from. If you've been injured in a motorcycle accident in Oxnard, contact our motorcycle accident lawyers at Bojat Law Group, APC, we can help you seek retribution. ... Read more
Simi Valley Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Safety Administration has discovered that those who ride motorcycles are close to 30 times more likely to perish in a crash than passengers of traditional cars. ... Read more
Thousand Oaks Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles do have enclosed spaces like other vehicles. As such, the damage suffered by riders when faced with an unforeseen accident can be catastrophic. ... Read more
Why You Need a Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyer in Woodland Hills
Riding a motorcycle is an enjoyable and relaxing pastime for many, but it poses an inherent risk to riders. ... Read more