The recognized leaders in personal injury law
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Calabasas
Motorcycle accidents can have long-term impacts on victims because they often lead to catastrophic injuries. Motorcycles are much smaller than other vehicles and are more vulnerable to risks due to the little protection it gives. Even when wearing protective gear, motorcyclists may still suffer significant injuries.
Although motorcycle accidents may not always result in life-damaging injuries, they still affect the victim’s health and well-being.
The process of recovering compensation for damages in a motorcycle accident can get complicated, you’ll need to work with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Calabasas, to ensure you obtain maximum compensation.
If you or your loved one has suffered severe injuries in a motorcycle accident in Calabasas, contact a skilled motorcycle accident lawyer from Bojat Law Group.
We work with contingency fees. You won’t pay until we win. Learn more about motorcycle accidents.
Causes of motorcycle accidents
Some common causes of motorcycle accidents include;
- Negligence— negligent acts by motorists, cutting off motorcyclists at intersections, driving under the influence, speeding, failing to yield right of way, neglecting to exercise care when taking left turns, swerving in front of a motorcyclist, dangerous maneuvers, and others.
- Poor visibility—motor vehicles have blind spots, especially on curves. Poor visibility can also be caused by poor weather conditions.
- Lane changing— motorcycle accidents sometimes result from failure to see a motorcyclist changing lanes.
- Failure to leave sufficient room between vehicles—these causes rear-end collisions between vehicles.
Common injuries suffered by motorcycle accident victims
The most severe motorcycle injuries result from being tossed from your bike. Some common injuries resulting from motorcycle accidents include;
- Traumatic brain injury
- Road rash
- Broken bones
- Skull fractures
- Significant scarring
- Severe cuts or lacerations
The injuries suffered by motorcycle accident victims may cause them to lose their careers. Some may experience long-term physical injuries, mental trauma, and disability.
Bojat Law Group represents motorcycle accident victims suffering all types of injuries, be it permanent, catastrophic, or fatal. We can help determine the cause of the accident, build you a strong case, and get you the compensation you deserve.
What to do after a motorcycle accident
After a motorcycle accident, you may feel disoriented and confused. Your priority should be your safety and health. Here’s what you should do after a motorcycle accident.
- Access yourself for injuries and call 911 immediately
Immediately access yourself for injuries. Call 911 for medical care and to get the police to the scene of the accident immediately.
- Collect information
If possible, collect insurance and contact information from all motorists involved in the accident including names, licenses, addresses, phone numbers, and insurance cards. Also, collect contact information from witnesses at the accident scene.
- Collect evidence
Collect evidence of the accident by taking photos and videos of the accident scene, injuries sustained, your surroundings, damages, and the weather.
- Find someplace safe from other road users
Safety is important. If the scene of the accident isn’t safe, find somewhere safe from other road users.
Compensation for damages in a motorcycle accident lawsuit
Motorcycle accident victims can receive compensation for the following damages.
Economic Damages— motorcycle accident victims may receive compensation for all economic damages. All financial damages that have direct costs such as;
- Loss of earning capacity– if the victim suffers any permanent injury that would prevent them from working, they can pursue compensation for loss of earning capacity.
- Loss of income— victims are entitled to compensation for income lost during recovery.
- Medical expenses— motorcycle accident victims are entitled to the total cost of medical care, both present and in the future.
- Out-of-pocket costs— this usually involves compensation for all expenses relating to the injuries suffered such as the use of assistive devices, medical travel expenses, wheelchairs, and others.
Non-economic Damages— these are the psychological trauma resulting from injuries sustained. These include but are not limited to compensation for
- Pain and suffering— physical pain the victim endures.
- Emotional distress— emotional distress such as depression and anxiety, caused by the inability to perform daily tasks or function normally.
- Scarring and disfigurement— motorcycle accidents can leave victims with severe scarring and sometimes, amputation.
- Disability— motorcycle accident victims are entitled to compensation for any permanent disability resulting from the accident.
To ensure you obtain full compensation, you need to hire a skilled Calabasas motorcycle accident attorney, who would aggressively represent you, and prove your claim.
Commonly asked questions about motorcycle accidents
Here are some FAQs about motorcycle accidents.
— How much is my motorcycle accident claim worth?
Your claim as a motorcycle accident victim may depend on the severity of your injuries. Non-economic damage claims are often difficult to calculate because they do not have a direct financial component.
However, our legal team at Bojat Law Group can secure expert analysis to help calculate the worth of damages you incurred from the motorcycle accident. Contact us for a free case evaluation.
— How long should I wait before filing a motorcycle accident lawsuit?
The statute limitation for motorcycle accident cases in Calabasas is two years. But, the sooner you file a lawsuit, the more valid your claim will be. Contact a skilled motorcycle accident lawyer to help speed up the process of filing a lawsuit, and ensure your claim.
— What would a motorcycle accident attorney assist me with?
By contacting a motorcycle accident lawyer, you are protecting your right. Your motorcycle accident lawyer has your best interests at heart because if you win, they win.
A skilled motorcycle accident will gather all evidence including medical reports, police reports, and other relevant documents to build you a strong case.
Your motorcycle accident lawyer will file a lawsuit on your behalf, negotiate fair compensation and represent you at a jury trial if fair compensation can’t be agreed upon.
— Why Bojat Law Group?
At Bojat Law Group, APC our motorcycle accident lawyers are skilled and have professional experience in dealing with motorcycle accident cases and insurance companies.
We have all the necessary resources, including access to motorcycle accident reconstructionist and experts. We are compassionate and ensure our clients get the compensation they deserve.
Contact Bojat Law Group for a free consultation today.