The recognized leaders in personal injury law
Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Woodland Hills
Catastrophic injuries can change your life and the lives of those who love you in an instant. Have you or someone you love sustained severe injuries due to the negligence, recklessness, or deliberately wrongful act of another? A Woodland Hills Personal Injury Lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve.
A catastrophic injury can be life-altering. In most cases, accident victims have to deal with high medical bills and automobile repair costs in addition to the pain, discomfort, and emotional strain that comes with catastrophic injuries. Occasionally, these victims also need much more than the standard compensation.
You have a lot of personal finance issues to consider and may feel overwhelmed without adequate legal counsel. You might even end up missing out on reimbursements or lose everything.
At Bojat Law Group, we can assist you if a family member or a loved one has passed away or has suffered a catastrophic injury. We also conduct in-depth research and confer with specialists in relevant medical fields to back up our clients’ requests and protect their interests.
Catastrophic Injuries; What Are They?
The word “catastrophic injury” refers to a condition in which a person experiences chronic or lifelong pain or experiences severe damage to an organ or limb. Any damage that renders a person permanently incapable of performing any productive activity is deemed a catastrophic injury under federal law 42 U.S.C. 3796b.
Catastrophic accidents usually lead to:
- Traumatic encephalopathy
- Spinal cord damage
- Deafness or blindness
- Severe burns
- Harm to internal organs
- Several broken bones
- Accidental amputations
Victims of catastrophic accidents typically need emergency medical care, continued medical care, rehabilitation programs, and frequent long-term help. Occasionally, people who suffer these injuries never fully recover or pass away too soon in some circumstances.
You can get compensation when someone else’s recklessness resulted in a tragic accident. Bojat Law Group, is committed to helping you get the compensation you truly deserve. No matter how serious your injuries are, the law gives you the right to sue anyone who caused or contributed to your injuries.
We advocate for victims of numerous accidents who have sustained severe injuries, such as:
- Auto accidents
- Industrial accidents
- Construction accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Pedestrian mishaps
- Accidents at work
- Liability for goods and products
- Property liabilities
Liability for a Catastrophic Injury
Determining who is responsible for your accident and injuries is the first step in bringing a claim for a catastrophic injury.
Even if you contributed to your accident and injuries, you are still entitled to compensation under California’s comparative negligence legislation. The level of compensation you can get will depend on your involvement in the accident.
Parties that might be held accountable for your damages include:
- An insurance establishment
- The person whose carelessness resulted in your injuries
- Either the parent or employer of the careless person.
- A defective product’s maker, seller, or distributor
- the manager or supervisor of the location where you were injured.
In the case of property liabilities, the jury can decide that the negligent property owner has the majority of the blame for the accident if the case is properly presented.
What kind of Damages Can You Recover?
Determining the effects and overall cost of a catastrophic injury requires time and attention from an expert. There are a lot of factors involved in recovering damages after a tragic accident.
However, you are entitled to compensation for losses you or a loved one have suffered because of the catastrophic injury if the court determines in your favor or if you settle before going to trial.
You may be able to recover some types of damages, including:
- Estimated costs for current and upcoming medical care, including ER visits, ambulance service, surgeries, medications, continuous care, and extended nursing care at a long-term institution
- The costs of installing wheelchair ramps, railings, and a main floor living space for people who can’t use stairs. Modification to cater to someone with a catastrophic injury.
- Compensation for losing your job or being unemployed and unable to work
- In situations of negligence or intentional harm, you may receive compensatory damages for physical and emotional pain, lower quality of life, and loss of consortium with a partner, among other things.
- Compensation for household services including lawn care, childcare, snow removal, and cleaning.
How Long Do You Have to File a Claim?
For some claims, California has strict deadlines. Accident victims have two years from the accident to file a claim against the party at fault for personal injuries.
A judge may reject your case, or the insurance company may deny your claim if you don’t claim on time. Injuries can deteriorate over time, and gathering information, compiling documentation, and speaking with witnesses is time-consuming. Delaying to file your claim is disastrous.
Against government bodies, there is an exception to the two-year limitation for injury claims. If you need to file a claim against the state, city, or local government, you only have six months from the date of the accident to submit an administrative claim. You have an additional six months to launch a case in court if an agency rejects your claim. If the agency doesn’t reply, you have two years from the accident to file a claim.
How Can A Catastrophic Injury Attorney Assist You?
The devastating effects of catastrophic injuries on victims affect every aspect of their lives and personal finance. Receiving compensation in this situation is only one aspect of recovering damages for injuries. It also helps fund medical bills. But without professional help, insurance companies may try to avoid paying claims.
An experienced catastrophic injury lawyer will help you through each step, from filing paperwork to defending you in court. Below are some examples of how a catastrophic injury attorney can help you.
- Conversing with insurance providers
- Examining a case to get all the information
- constructing a compelling argument against the opposition by consulting with specialists to add weight to a case
- Obtaining important witness testimony
- When the highest settlement offer is obtained, negotiating to have the medical costs reduced
- Assist you when litigation is necessary or negotiation is not an option.
You must act quickly to safeguard your legal rights if a careless person or business injures you or a member of your family severely.
At Bojat Law Group, we actively engage in every case and pursue the best result. An attorney will meet with you or a family member to find out more about you and your case and craft a plan that suits you.