The recognized leaders in
personal injury law
Get Your Free Consultation
Catastrophic Accident Lawyer Calabasas
The impacts of catastrophic injuries on victims and their families are overwhelming, the significant amount of money spent on medical bills, the trauma, the pain. These injuries change both the lives of the victim and their entire family.
You have the right to seek retribution for your losses. Unfortunately, no amount of money can restore your previous physical, psychological and emotional state, but it is best to pursue compensation, to recover damages.
The purpose of a catastrophic accident lawsuit is to restore you to the financial state you were before the accident occurred. Bojat Law Group, catastrophic accident attorneys can help you seek justice, and recover the value of your damages.
We have the skills, knowledge, and resources to handle complex cases, along with aggressive legal representation.
Learn about catastrophic injuries.
Causes of Catastrophic Injuries in Calabasas
To file a personal injury lawsuit, the cause of the accident must be determined. You can pursue compensation if your injury was on account of the recklessness and negligent behavior of another. Bojat Law Group represents catastrophic accident victims whose catastrophic injuries were caused by the following:
- Equipment malfunctions
- Major automobile, pedestrian, premises liability, and bicycle accidents.
- Defective products
- Intentional harm—Violent acts, crime, gun violence, assault, and battery
- Construction site accidents
- Slips and falls
- Medical malpractice
- Fall from heights
- Sport accidents
Common Catastrophic Injuries
Injuries resulting in deformity, dependence, scarring, disfigurement, and extensive rehabilitation, are catastrophic injuries.
Some examples of catastrophic injuries include;
- Spinal cord injury— A spinal cord injury is often termed catastrophic because of the importance of the spinal cord to the normal functioning of the human body. A spinal cord injury may consequently result in long-lasting paraplegia or quadriplegia and short-term immobility. For this reason, the injured victim will require the usage of assistive devices and comprehensive rehabilitation to regain independence and increase the quality of life.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)— traumatic brain injuries result from sudden external trauma to the head. That is, a violent blow or an object suddenly striking the skull. Traumatic brain injury often results in impairment— cognitive, sensory, speech impairment, and others. In addition, injured victims usually suffer behavioral effects such as anxiety, depression, social dependency, and others. Sometimes, severe traumatic brain injuries may subsequently lead to death.
- Crushed bones and fractures—crushed bones and fractures are referred to as catastrophic because they may require multiple surgeries. These injuries may lead to long-term problems for victims.
- Amputation— meaning loss of limb(s). Amputation results in permanent disability and lifelong dependency for victims. It is less common than other catastrophic injuries.
- Facial injury—facial injuries may occasionally lead to severe scarring and disfigurement. These injuries may need reconstructive surgeries, which may need medically induced coma to heal. Injured victims may suffer long-lasting emotional and psychological trauma, as well as psychological pain.
- Severe burns— Burns are catastrophic when they cover most parts of the victim’s body. Severe burns are followed by excruciating pains and require skin grafts, reconstructive surgeries, and the risk of infection.
Catastrophic injuries have major impacts on victims’ well-being and health, in addition to that, they are expensive to treat, and may sometimes cause victims to be dependent for the rest of their lives.
If you've suffered any catastrophic injury in an accident in Calabasas, contact our experienced catastrophic accident lawyers. At Bojat Law Group, we ensure that victims of accidents, who have suffered catastrophic injuries obtain maximum compensation for damages and the long-term impacts of their injuries.
Determining liability in a catastrophic accident
The first step in filing a catastrophic accident claim is determining who is responsible for your injury, depending on the nature and cause of your injury. Several parties may be held liable for damages. They include;
- The person whose negligent actions resulted in your injury.
- The property, or a business owner.
- The manufacturer of the defective product
- Your employer, or the manager or supervisor of your workplace.
- The person who intentionally caused you harm.
Sometimes, multiple parties may have caused or contributed to your catastrophic injury. You have the right to file a lawsuit against all the parties involved. Your catastrophic accident attorney will investigate your case, determine who is responsible for your injury, and gather evidence to prove your claim.
When to Hire a Catastrophic Accident Lawyer
After suffering catastrophic injuries in an accident, you may be thinking about coping with other things, particularly, your substantial medical bills, day-to-day pain, and the impact of the injury on your mental and physical well-being.
Even though you can identify the party liable for your injury, they may deny your claim, or try to undervalue the severity of your injury. They may even set up defenses to prove your accident was not catastrophic in the first place or try to lure you with the promise of a quick settlement. They do this to ensure you settle for as little as possible, not bearing in mind the significant long-term impacts of your injury. You may feel pressured to accept and just move on, but that will be an enormous mistake.
As the victim of a catastrophic accident, you have a lot at stake. The best decision you can make is to hire a catastrophic accident lawyer immediately. Your attorney will handle the legal aspect of your claim, and ensure your interests are protected.
At Bojat Law Group, our knowledgeable and experienced catastrophic accident lawyer will assist you with the following;
Investigate your accident–to prove your claim our legal team will investigate the cause of your accident and the party liable for damages, through medical reports, witness testimony, police reports, and other available information.
Negotiate on your behalf – we have the resources to employ expert analysis to calculate the full value of your damages and present an estimated amount to the at-fault party insurance company. We will negotiate on your behalf for a fair settlement amount.
Furthermore, we will represent you in court, if fair compensation cannot be agreed upon by both parties.
If the at-fault’s party insurance policy is not able to cover the value of your damages, we have the means to seek compensation through other legal options.
Contact a skilled Calabasas catastrophic accident lawyer today.
Get Your Local Lawyer
Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Camarillo
Have you or your loved one suffered catastrophic injuries, as a victim of a personal injury accident and you need to seek compensation and retribution? If this is the situation, contact a personal injury lawyer at Bojat Law Group to provide you with the legal assistance you need. Learn more about personal injury accidents. ... Read more
Simi Valley Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
There is far more than the pain and suffering sustained after a catastrophic injury from an accident than from great many other accidents. ... Read more
Thousand Oaks Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
If you or someone you know has been the victim of catastrophic injury, the heartache and reality of having to adapt to a new lifestyle are made real. ... Read more
Catastrophic Accident In Westlake Village
Suffering catastrophic injuries due to the wrongful act, reckless or negligence of someone else can be devastating, and traumatizing. If you’ve been involved a catastrophic accident and you need to seek retribution and financial recovery, our experienced personal injury attorney can assist you with all the legal help you require in obtaining fair compensation. Find out more about catastrophic accidents in Westlake Village. ... Read more
Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Woodland Hills
Catastrophic injuries can change your life and the lives of those who love you in an instant. Have you or someone you love sustained severe injuries due to the negligence, recklessness, or deliberately wrongful act of another? A Woodland Hills Personal Injury Lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve. ... Read more
Catastrophic Injury Attorney Los Angeles
If you’re in the Los Angeles area and have been the victim of a catastrophe, you need a well-versed and professional catastrophic injury attorney on your side ... Read more