The recognized leaders in
personal injury law
Get Your Free Consultation
Car Accident Lawyer Moorpark
Being involved in any type of automobile accident may result in severe and catastrophic injuries.
Car accident victims face serious challenges, dealing with profound financial difficulties, and the impacts of the accident upon their physical, mental and financial health can be detrimental. Sometimes, the injuries sustained by a car accident victim can lead to permanent disabilities that would make working to earn a living difficult, or even impossible.
As a car accident victim, you don't have to deal with the arising challenges alone or go through the process of securing financial compensation by yourself, because, in a situation like this, you need the help of someone knowledgeable, skilled and experienced, that can navigate the process of filing a claim and can help you secure maximum compensation for damages. You require the assistance of a Moorpark car accident lawyer.
A car accident lawyer understands the pain you and your family are going through, the financial challenges, and the difficulties you’ve encountered trying to recover both physically and financially. We can help with your case. At Bojat Law Group, our car accident attorneys are passionate, thorough, and diligent in ensuring our clients get the maximum compensation they deserve.
Causes of Moorpark, California car accidents
The common causes of motor vehicle collisions in Moorpark includes the following:
- Driving under the influence— Driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol can cause driving impairments, which can affect a driver's judgment of space.
- Fatigued driving— this involves driving while stressed and extremely fatigued. Like DUI, stress, and fatigue can cause driving impairment and make it difficult for drivers to concentrate.
- Aggressive driving— Aggressive driving behaviors, such as tailgating, speeding, disregarding traffic rules and signs, failing to yield the right-of-way, and others.
- Defective vehicles— product liability, or defective car parts, such as airbag defects, and failed brakes.
- Poor weather conditions— weather conditions, such as rainstorms, can limit driver’s visibility and make driving more dangerous.
- Poorly maintained roads— poorly maintained roads, and damaged roadways can lead to motor vehicle collisions.
Motor vehicle drivers have a duty of care to other road users. Even during extreme conditions, drivers must exercise reasonable care to other road users. If what caused your accident was the negligent conduct of someone else, you have the right to pursue compensation from whoever caused the accident.
What to do after a Moorpark car accident
When involved in a car accident, this is what you should and should not do.
What you should do:
- Document the accident scene by taking photos, videos, and notes about the accident.
- Collect names and contact information from everyone at the accident scene, including the driver.
- Collect the insurance information and card of the at-fault driver.
- Contact law enforcement and ensure you have a police report on the accident.
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Hire a Moorpark car accident attorney.
- Contact your insurance company for an estimate of damages to your car.
- Keep all records of medical bills, out-of-pocket costs, and other relevant information that may prove damages.
What you should not do:
- Do not apologize for the accident or admit fault.
- Do not agree on a settlement amount with the at-fault driver or their insurance company.
- Never agree to sign any document or give any statement about your health and well-being.
- Do not speak to an insurance adjuster without your lawyer.
- Do not post about your accident on social media.
Adhering to the following ensures that your right to compensation is protected, with the necessary evidence to back it up. Your car accident lawyer will still investigate your case to find new evidence. Even so, if you assist your attorney, the claim process is faster.
Statute of limitations for Moorpark car accidents
A statute of limitations is a law that sets the time window in which a person has to file a lawsuit. Under California, the statute of limitations for a personal injury lawsuit is two years from the date of the incident. Time is of the essence when filing a claim. The sooner you begin the process, the more preserved the evidence is. It makes it more difficult for the defendant to deny your claim.
Seeking compensation for damages in a Moorpark, CA car accident
As stated, car accident victims have the right to pursue compensation for damages from the at-fault party.
You may receive compensation for the following damages:
Economic damages— victims may be entitled to compensation for financial losses, such as loss of income, loss of earning capacity, cost of medical treatment, and other out-of-pocket costs.
Non-economic damages— car accident victims may be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering, disability, scarring and disfigurement, loss of enjoyment, and others.
Punitive damages— punitive damages are awarded to victims in cases of severe negligence or intentional harm.
The fact that it is your right to seek compensation doesn't mean compensation will be easy to obtain. The insurance companies involved will fight hard to ensure you settle for an amount that may not cover the value of your damages. You need an aggressive car accident attorney to equally fight hard on your behalf to make sure you obtain maximum compensation.
The Benefits of Hiring a Car Accident Attorney at Bojat Law Group, APC
There are several reasons why you should hire a car accident attorney at Bojat Law Group.
- Our car accident attorneys have the skills and experience to handle even complex car accident cases.
- We can handle your medical treatments and set you on your path to physical recovery.
- Our car accident attorneys will help take the burden off of you and relieve your stress by taking charge of your Moorpark car accident case, leaving you ample time to recover.
- We will value your case by calculating damages and ensuring you obtain maximum compensation.
- We will fight hard and negotiate aggressively to ensure you recover financially by getting the compensation you deserve.
Contact a car accident lawyer today
You can contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Get Your Local Lawyer
Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer
In 2005 the entire Los Angeles County had 745 fatalities from 86,582 injuries caused by motor vehicle accidents. ... Read more
Car Accident Attorney Calabasas
Our Calabasas car accident attorneys, provide victims with all the assistance needed to build a personal injury claim and help victims seek compensation from the at-fault party. Contact Bojat Law Group for a free consultation. Check out this article on car accident attorneys. ... Read more
The Best Car Accident Lawyer in Camarillo
Searching for ways to protect yourself and seek retribution as a victim in a car accident in Camarillo? Check out this article on the best Car Accident Lawyer in Camarillo. ... Read more
Simi Valley Car Accident Lawyer
Even taking all the necessary precautions and following the rules of the road when driving, there may be incidents in which vehicular or personal damages occur due to the negligence of someone else. ... Read more
Thousand Oaks Car Accident Lawyer
Thousand Oaks is one of the largest cities residing in California’s Ventura County. It forms the Conejo Valley’s most populated center region. ... Read more
Car Accident Attorney Westlake Village
Have you or your loved one been involved in a car accident in Westlake Village? Whether the cause of the accident was your fault or not, find out the next step of action to take and why you need a car accident attorney in Westlake Village. ... Read more
Car Accident Lawyer in Woodland Hills
After a motor vehicle collision, you need the help of a car accident lawyer if you want to recover compensation from the at-fault party. But most people shy away from hiring an attorney. ... Read more