The recognized leaders in
personal injury law
Get Your Free Consultation
Camarillo Car Accident Lawyer
Searching for ways to protect yourself and seek retribution as a victim in a car accident in Camarillo? Check out this article on the best Car Accident Lawyer in Camarillo.
Being in a car accident can be traumatizing, and life-changing for you as a victim, you may want to seek retribution and compensation for whatever damages and losses you may have incurred in the car accident. The best way to go about this is to hire a car accident lawyer in Camarillo, from Bojat Law Group, to help get the maximum settlement you deserve, as insurance companies would want to pay you as little as possible. Learn about the causes of car accidents in Camarillo, your right as an injury victim, what you should and shouldn’t do after an accident, and what happens after you contact a personal injury lawyer from us at BojT law group, APC.
Causes of Car Accidents in Camarillo
By knowing the causes of car accidents in Camarillo, you can avoid causing one.
- Carelessness – Research shows that the leading cause of car accidents in Camarillo, is carelessness which includes dangerous and harmful acts such as; reckless driving, drunk driving, wrong-way driving, distracted driving and not obeying traffic lights.
- Product liability – product liability shows the driver of the vehicle is not at fault, but the car is the problem, a defective car. In this case, it is the manufacturer that is held responsible for the accident.
- Weather conditions – weather conditions such as rain or snow, can create unsafe driving conditions, and coupled with reckless driving, speeding, or alcohol, it could lead to life loss.
Understanding Your Rights as a Victim of a Car Accident
It Is extremely necessary to know and understand your rights as a victim of a car accident, and seek compensation for the damages and losses incurred due to the negligence of the party at fault. Here are the rights you have.
- As a car accident victim, you have the right to pursue damages or compensation from the party at fault. You may receive damages for present and future medical expenses, lost wages, pain, and suffering, property damage, and loss of companionship.
- You also have the right to protect yourself and your rights in certain ways. You can choose to stay off social media entirely until your case is settled. This would save you from posting anything personal, or commenting on your accident on social media, as insurance company representatives will be looking for information they can use against you.
- You have the right not to make a statement. After the car accident, the other party’s insurance company would contact you, asking for a recorded statement about your wellbeing. You have the right to not make a statement. The insurance adjuster would be looking for the opportunity to use any statements you make against you because they want you to settle for as little claims as possible. You can decide not to answer any questions from them, or sign any document until you seek legal representation.
- As a victim of a car accident, you have the right to seek urgent medical examination, even when you are not badly hurt. Not seeking medical examination can potentially harm your health, and the insurance company of the party at fault may state that you didn’t obtain any serious injuries.
The DOs and Don’ts After a Car Accidents as a Victim
Whatever actions you take after being in a car accident as a victim can affect the amount of compensation you may receive. Here are the actions you should or shouldn’t take after a car accident as a victim, to protect your rights to compensation for damages.
When severely injured, we advise you to seek immediate medical assistance and contact an experienced lawyer in Camarillo, like us, to file a lawsuit against the party at fault.
If your injuries are not critical, you can stand on your feet and are capable of moving, here’s what you should do:
- Check on your passengers, that is, if you had any passengers in the car with you.
- Call the police and request they immediately come to the scene of the accident.
- You should seek medical attention by calling an ambulance to take you to the hospital.
- While waiting for the police and ambulance, you should note down the plate numbers and collect registration and insurance information on the vehicles involved in the accident.
- Take photographs of all vehicles involved, the place of impact, and street signs. These would serve as evidence.
- Collect information on people involved in the accident: the driver, passengers, and witnesses.
- Find somewhere a place safe from other road users.
- Cooperate with the police officers, give them all the necessary information about the accident and create a report either physically, or online here.
- Hire a car accident lawyer from Bojat Law Group in Camarillo for legal representation and assistance.
Here are things you shouldn’t do after a car accident as a victim.
- Apologize for the accident. Please do not apologize for the accidents, as it can be construed as an admission of fault.
- Do not speak to an insurance adjuster before pursuing legal advice, and you should never allow an insurance adjuster to record statements or comments on how you feel physically.
- Please do not post about your accident on social media because it can be used against you by insurance companies.
- Never sign any document or authorization from the insurance company of the party at fault.
What Happens After Seeking Legal Assistance From a Car Accident Lawyer in Camarillo
After seeking legal assistance, your attorney will contact the insurance company involved and open a claim on your behalf, then obtain police reports, request video footage (if available), pictures, medical records, and other important information that will aid your right to compensation.
Your attorney will then submit a settlement demand, using all the information obtained, exchange demands with the insurance adjuster, and agree upon a settlement. When no settlement is agreed upon, you can file a lawsuit.
When your case is finalized, you will be asked to sign a settlement statement to receive your settlement, from your attorney’s office.
It is necessary to contact a lawyer as an accident victim, to get the maximum settlement from the party at fault. It is the job of your lawyer to seek retribution on your behalf.
Get Your Local Lawyer
Car Accident Attorney Calabasas
Our Calabasas car accident attorneys, provide victims with all the assistance needed to build a personal injury claim and help victims seek compensation from the at-fault party. Contact Bojat Law Group for a free consultation. Check out this article on car accident attorneys. ... Read more
Car Accident Lawyer Moorpark
Being involved in any type of automobile accident may result in severe and catastrophic injuries. ... Read more
Oxnard Car Accident Lawyer
Severely injured in a car accident? Bojat Law Group provides legal assistance to car accident victims in Oxnard. Find out how much you could be entitled. ... Read more
Simi Valley Car Accident Lawyer
Even taking all the necessary precautions and following the rules of the road when driving, there may be incidents in which vehicular or personal damages occur due to the negligence of someone else. ... Read more
Car Accident Lawyer Thousand Oaks
Thousand Oaks is one of the largest cities residing in California’s Ventura County. It forms the Conejo Valley’s most populated center region. ... Read more
Car Accident Attorney Westlake Village
Have you or your loved one been involved in a car accident in Westlake Village? Whether the cause of the accident was your fault or not, find out the next step of action to take and why you need a car accident attorney in Westlake Village. ... Read more
Car Accident Attorney Woodland Hills
After a motor vehicle collision, you need the help of a car accident lawyer if you want to recover compensation from the at-fault party. But most people shy away from hiring an attorney. ... Read more
Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer
In 2005 the entire Los Angeles County had 745 fatalities from 86,582 injuries caused by motor vehicle accidents. ... Read more