The recognized leaders in personal injury law
Car Accident Attorney Westlake Village
Have you or your loved one been involved in a car accident in Westlake Village? Whether the cause of the accident was your fault or not, find out the next step of action to take and why you need a car accident attorney in Westlake Village.
Car accidents are a terrifying experience, and although nobody ever plans for them to happen, it happens. Whether the accident was your fault or not, the aftermath of a car accident can be terrifying and distressing. Be you a driver, bystander, passenger, or victim, the physical and mental effects suffered as a result of the accident can be depressing. Our experienced car accident attorney Westlake Village can provide you with the legal assistance needed for the next step of action.
Common Types of Car Accidents
There are several classifications of car accidents, which can affect the investigations and claims in your accident. Here are the common types of car accidents in Westlake Village.
- T-bone car accidents – T-bone accidents are one of the most dangerous forms of car accidents, it often leads to fatal and catastrophic injuries. This happens when a vehicle crashes into the side of another vehicle head-on. The impact of this accident often leads to brain concussions, and broken bones and sometimes may even lead to death.
- Multiple vehicle collisions – This usually involves multiple vehicles in a traffic accident. The severity of this collision can range from mild to severe and may result in multiple injuries or death.
- Head-on collision – this involves a collision between two vehicles, moving directly toward each other. The front ends of the two vehicles collide.
- Sideswipe collision – This is the most common type of traffic accident. It happens when two vehicles collide or make contact with one another when moving in the same or opposite directions.
- Highway accidents – happen as a result of negligent behavior such as driving at high speeds. The more you speed, the more the chance of losing vehicular control. A slight bump at high speeds can potentially cause you to lose control of your vehicle. This type of accident leads to severe collisions and greater damage.
- Single car accidents- a single-car accident involves one vehicle, the driver often swerves to avoid or keep from hitting something. It could be an animal or a human being. Bad weather conditions can be a factor resulting in this type of accident, and may often present hazards that are unavoidable.
Who Is at Fault for Your Westlake Village Car Accident?
To file a lawsuit, you have to determine the at-fault party whose actions resulted or contributed to your accident. When more than one party is at fault for your accident, they may be held liable for the damages you incurred as a result of the accident.
There are four major types of faults in a car accident lawsuit. They are:
- Intentional acts – that is, the intent to cause harm.
- Negligence – this is general carelessness. It includes harmful acts such as drunk driving, distracted driving, wrong-way driving, and so on.
- Recklessness – this is when a person knows or should have known their actions could cause an accident, and injure others.
- Product liability – this type of fault is caused by the manufacturers of the car. In product liability, the driver of the vehicle may not be at fault, the car is usually the problem. That is a defective car.
Requirements of a Car Accident
When involved in a car accident, you are to remain at the scene of the accident until the authorities arrive. Failure to remain at the scene of the car accident in Westlake Village can result in penalties such as fines and a potential jail time. Here are the requirements of a car accident, depending on the situation of the accident and where the accident occurs.
- The parties involved must remain at the scene until the authorities arrive.
- The party responsible for the accident must contact the police or other authorities.
- The at-fault party must attend to the injuries of the victim.
- If both parties are injured, they can leave the location of the accident scene if they drive together to the hospital.
What To Do After a Car Accident
Here is what you should do immediately after a car accident.
- If your injuries are not critical, check on passengers. That is if there was any present in the car with you.
- Call 911 immediately.
- Do not leave the scene of the accident until the authorities get there.
- Do not try to move your car, unless the impact was a minor one. If that is the case, you can pull your car out of traffic, and find somewhere safe from other road users.
- Obtain the card of the investigating officer and the case number.
- Do not discuss responsibilities with anyone.
- Contact a car accident lawyer in Westlake Village for assistance.
Always seek medical attention, regardless of whether or not you have been severely injured. Sometimes it may take a couple of days for certain symptoms to become obvious.
Why Do You Need an Experienced Car Accident Attorney in Westlake Village?
Depending on whether you are the party responsible for the accident, or you are the victim, you need the services of an experienced car accident attorney to help you determine what to do next after being involved in an accident.
For victims, you may need to file a personal injury claim to obtain compensation for all the damages you suffered as a result of the accident such compensation includes; loss of wages, compensation for pain and suffering, cost of medical treatments, property damage, and others.
You need an experienced car attorney to negotiate on your behalf and represent you at a jury trial if necessary.
At Bojat Law Group, our experienced car attorney can help you obtain maximum compensation, to put you on the path to mental and financial recovery.
We at Bojat Law Group, would give you the best legal assistance and assist you in getting the best results. Our legal team will assist you in dealing with the aftermath of the accident and help you address issues that may arise.