The recognized leaders in
personal injury law
Get Your Free Consultation
Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Camarillo
Let us advocate on your behalf, at Bojat Law Group, we provide the best legal assistance for bicycling accident victims.
Riding a bicycle in Camarillo makes you vulnerable, you don’t have the safety measures someone in a car or truck has and there are not enough bicycle lanes. Riding on a bicycle on a freeway leaves you open and at risk. When a car hits you while on your bike, it could lead to fatal injuries, sometimes life loss. Even though collisions may sometimes be caused by bicyclists, bicycle/motor accidents are often the faults of other vehicles. We at Bojat Law Group, are dedicated and committed to helping you seek retribution and maximum compensations for damages and losses you or your loved one may have incurred in the accident.
Learn about the common types of bicycle accidents, what you need to do when involved in a bicycle accident, why you need a bicycle accident lawyer, the claims you have as a victim of a bicycling accident, and what your claim is worth as a victim of a bicycling accident.
Types of Bicycle Accidents
Here are the most common types of bicycling accidents.
- Rear-end collisions accidents-rear end collisions occur in traffic when a bicyclist fails to brake properly when approaching a vehicle from behind. It could be at the stop sign of a traffic light. They can also occur when a bicyclist riding on one side of the road, either right or left, swerves to the other side of the road and a vehicle hits the bike from behind. When this happens, the fault may be from the bicyclist.
- Vehicle overtaking bicycle accidents - Statistics have shown that about 1.4% of bicycling accidents are a result of a vehicle overtaking or sideswiping the bicyclist. A majority of these accidents result in fatal injuries, and this type of bicycle accident occurs mainly at night when it is difficult to see the bicycles.
- Motorist Road rage accidents - Although this is an uncommon event, motorist road rage can happen when bicyclists occupy the road as any motorist. This could lead to an intentional hit by a motor vehicle. It is critical to obey road rules as bicyclists to avert such situations.
- Uncontrolled interaction accidents - This type of bicycle accident occurs at intersections without signals or traffic lights. When a bicyclist and a motorist cannot determine who maintains the right of the way, they move into the intersection at the same time and collide.
- Door accidents - Statistics show that about 2% of bicycle accidents are door accidents. This accident occurs when a bicyclist is riding on the right side of the road and there are parked cars on the left. A motorist or passenger in one of the parked cars opens the door just as the cyclist is passing. About 25 percent of bicycle accidents occur in urban areas.
- Right or left hook collision- right hook collisions occur when a bicyclist is on one side of the road and a vehicle on the other side makes a turn into the bicyclist's path.
- Riding against traffic- this occurs when a bicyclist is riding against oncoming traffic and a vehicle makes a right turn in front of the bicyclist. Statistics show that about 25% of bicycle/ motor accidents are caused by riding against traffic.
To prevent bicycle/motor accidents, bicycle riders are advised to:
- Use a properly fitted bike for your size.
- Always wear a helmet and protective gear when bicycling.
- Do not let go of the handlebars when riding.
- Obey traffic rules.
- Ride in the daytime.
- Always ride on the right side of the road and ride with the flow of traffic.
- Don't ride under the influence.
Many bicycle and motor collisions can be avoided if both parties eliminate distracted driving, driving under the influence, negligence, and obeying road rules. Motorists should always look at rear view mirrors before opening their vehicle doors.
Damages and Losses You Can Claim as a Bike Accident Victim
The damages you can claim as a bicycle/motor accident victim are dependent on the severity of your injuries.
If your injuries are damaging and fatal, here are types of compensation you can claim:
- Economic damages - These are the financial losses you experience as a result of the accident. They are; lost wages, loss of earning capacity, medical expenses, and other costs you pay out of your pocket.
- Non-economic damages - These are the emotional and mental affects you experience from your accident injuries. They include; pain and suffering, emotional distress, scarring and disfigurement, disability, looks of enjoyment, and quality of life.
What Your Claim Is Worth as a Bicycle Accident Victim?
As noted above, what your claim is worth is dependent on the severity of your injuries. If your injuries are severe, then you qualify for all the above claims. The amount you are entitled to as a bicycle accident is not fixed, and may not be known until a settlement negotiation is made.
To get maximum compensation for your damages, you need a bicycle accident lawyer to assist you legally and negotiate aggressively for your settlement.
To protect your claims, you need to;
- Hire a bicycle accident lawyer before making any statement or signing any documents from the guilty party's insurance company.
- Refrain from posting or commenting on social media regarding your accident.
- Make sure you seek medical a ski regardless of your symptoms or the severity of your injuries.
- Note down or take photographs of the plate number of the vehicle involved and exchange contact information with the driver.
Bicycle accidents can be overwhelming sometimes and as a bicycling accident victim, you have the right to file a personal injury claim and be compensated for your injuries.
If you've been injured in a bicycle accident why not contact an experienced bicycle lawyer to back your claim.
Get Your Local Lawyer
Los Angeles Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Los Angeles County is one of the most bicycle-friendly counties in the United States, where thousands of people use bicycles for recreational as well as transportation purposes. ... Read more
Bicycle Accident Lawyer Calabasas
Were you or someone you love involved in a bicycle accident in Calabasas? Let us advocate on your behalf. Bojat Law Group offers the best legal assistance. ... Read more
Bicycle Accident Lawyer Oxnard
Bicycle accidents can be catastrophic for victims due to the open nature of a bicycle. After a bicycle accident, victims are left with expensive medical bills, emotional distress, trauma, pain, and suffering. We can help get your life back on track. Were you injured in a bicycle accident in Oxnard? Bojat Law Group, APC, helps you seek justice and retribution. Contact us today. ... Read more
Simi Valley Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Most drivers fail to respect cyclists and their legal rights on the road, and it is precisely this lack of respect that is responsible for hundreds of accidents per year. ... Read more
Thousand Oaks Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Riders of bicycles have every right to a spot on the road as those driving licensed motor vehicles. ... Read more
Bicycle Accident Lawyer Westlake Village
Have you been involved in a bicycle accident, contact an experienced bicycle accident lawyer in Westlake Village to guide you through the legal process of filing a claim, provide you with the necessary support to ensure your claim, and obtain maximum compensation for losses you suffered as a result of the accident? ... Read more
What to Expect From a Bicycle Accident Attorney in Woodland Hills
Whether you’re riding a bicycle to save money or just riding for exercise or pleasure, there’s no denying the risk of getting in a crash. ... Read more